Nicole Deese Newlon
Nicole is a partner at Johnson Newlon, & DeCort, P.A. Nicole practices in the areas of commercial, real estate, business, civil, and complex litigation. She advises private and corporate clients on a broad range of commercial litigation matters. Nicole provides litigation support to both private and public companies, and individuals, corporations and their associated persons, investment dealers and advisers in civil, regulatory and compliance matters.
Nicole has represented clients in arbitration and litigation matters, administrative investigations, proceedings before state and federal regulatory agencies and self-regulatory organizations, and in state, federal, and appellate courts. Nicole has defended matters involving heath care fraud, environmental crimes, and qui tam actions.
Nicole has been named as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in Business litigation, an honor given to less than 2% of all of Florida’s practicing attorneys. Nicole appeared frequently on CNBC, and local television and radio to comment on a variety of legal issues.
Nicole is very active in the community, and served as a City Commissioner for the City of Dade City. Nicole serves on the Board of the Federal Bar Association Federal Litigation Section and on The Florida Bar Federal Court Practice Committee. Nicole is a Past President of The Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. Though born in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Nicole was raised here in the Tampa/Dade City area, where she currently lives with her twin boys.
- Stetson University College of Law
J.D. magna cum laude, (Class Rank, 2nd)
Certificate of Concentration: Advocacy
Honors Program Graduate; Stanley Milledge Award Recipient;
Victor O. Wehle Trial Advocacy Award
National Order of Barristers
Member: Trial Team, Moot Court Board, and Stetson Law Review
- University of South Florida
- University of South Florida
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Dade City Rotary (Noon Club) Social Chair (2015-2017); President Nominee (2016-2017); President (2017-2018); Past President (2018-2019); Assistant Governor Area 5 (2018-2021); Board Member (2016-present)
- The Florida Bar Federal Court Practice Committee (Appointed 2015-present); Section Membership: Appellate, Business Law, City, County & Local Government Law, Trial Lawyers, and Solo & Small Firm
- Federal Bar Association (National) Federal Litigation Section, Secretary/Treasurer (2016-2018); Board Member (2015-present); Vice Chair (2018-2020); Chair (2020-2022).
- Federal Bar Association (Local) Tampa Bay Chapter, Member (2004-present); Board of Directors (2006-2008); Communications (2008-2010); Treasurer (2011-2012); Vice President (2012-2013); President (2014-2015); Immediate Past President (2015)
- American Bar Association Litigation and Criminal Justice Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association Member (2004-present); Co-Chair of Young Lawyer’s Division Pro Bono Committee (2006-2008)
- Empowering Pasco’s Veterans (2019-present); Secretary (2019-present)
- Academy At The Farm PTO Board ( 2018-present); Treasurer (2019-present)
- City of Dade City Commissioner (2016-2020)
- Pasco Education Volunteer (2010-2011)
- Pasco High School School Advisory Committee (2012-2014)
- The Tampa Connection Class of 2008
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court (2005-2007)
- Herbert G. Goldburg Criminal Law Inn of Court (2008-2010)
- East Pasco YMCA Board of Directors (2009-2013)
- Florida Autism Center of Excellence Board of Directors (2010-2011)
- Hillsborough and Pasco Counties Guardian Ad Litem
- Delta Gamma
- Commission on the Status of Women (Pasco) (2016-2019)
- Merit Selection Panel, Middle District of Florida (2016-2017)
- Women Lawyers of Pasco (2016-2019)
- Carlton Fields (Summer Associate/Law Clerk, 2003-2004)
- Fowler White (2004-2007)
- Shutts & Bowen (2007-2014)